Split System Air Conditioner Service
Air Conditioning Service & Maintenance Across Brisbane
Air conditioning units are one of the hardest working yet most neglected household appliances.
Everyone wants an air conditioner that performs at peak levels season in and season out, but Brisbane’s humidity and the saltiness of coastal air can both take a serious toll on the inside and outside components of your split system air conditioner.
That’s why it’s so important not to neglect a split system air conditioner service.
Safe & Sure only send qualified expert air conditioning technicians to service your unit. Why would you trust an expensive electrical appliance to a cleaner? We attend many units that have been damaged because people choose ‘cheap’ instead of licensed expert. Also not all problems are ‘service’ some need a repair and new parts which is why Safe & Sure only sends licensed technicians to service, they are qualified on the spot to identify repairs and potential future problems. We offer three levels of service for your split system air conditioner.
Our Qualified Technicians will assess the condition of your unit on arrival and advise exactly what level of service and materials are required to get your unit back to it’s peak condition.
‘ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL’ for air conditioning service; we offer THREE LEVELS OF AIR CONDITIONING SERVICE, it is dependent on;
- how long since it was last serviced (should be done minimum yearly!)
- how often you run your unit
- if there is any mould
- if any rodents have chosen your unit as there nest (geckos, ants, cockroaches and insects love air con units to call their home)
- if there has been a build up of dust or debris
- if anyone smokes in the house
- if the unit is subjected to cooking environments – build up of oil and grease in the unit
- how long since you last turned on your unit
A well-serviced split system air conditioner unit will cool, heat and dehumidify your home more effectively and will last for many years. It can also help your power bill efficiency.
Signs Your Split Air Conditioner Needs A Service!
Here are some of the top indicators that it’s time for a split air conditioning service are:
- Smells – bad or funny smells; burning smell turn the unit off immediately! Sometimes smell require a repair -new parts if rodents have fried components.
- Noises – banging, clicking etc; could also be repair required if mechanical components have failed.
- Mould – you can see mould on the blades, on/behind filters; do not leave in this state, have your unit serviced as soon as possible so you are not breathing this.
- Air Flow – if the air flow is reduced. If there is ‘no’ air flow is most likely needing a repair not a service.
- Leaking Water – if water is leaking from the inside head unit you’ve developed a blockage and this definitely needs to be cleared by a technician; it may also require new parts depending on level of damage caused.
- Dust/Debris Build Up – if you haven’t turned your unit on for a while, dust & debris will have built up and this can be sucked into the mechanical components of the unit causing bigger issues.
- Smoker – if someone smokes in the house, tar can accumulate
- Time – when was your unit last serviced? Units are meant to be service minimum yearly in domestic environment to maintain warranty. Commercial/Hospitality settings should be be monthly – quarterly minimum.
If your split system air conditioner is subject to any of these conditions, don’t wait around for something to go wrong! The last thing anyone wants is an air conditioner that fails on a particularly hot day.
By booking a split system air conditioner service in Brisbane, you can reduce your power consumption, lower your unit’s repair costs, increase the longevity of your unit, be breathing cleaner air and noticeably improve its heating and cooling capacity.
Signs Your Split Air Conditioner Needs A Repair (Not A Service)
Your split air conditioner should only be serviced or repaired by a Qualified Licensed Air Conditioning Technician. This qualification is Refrigeration Mechanic that specialises in Air Conditioning; not an electrician; not a cleaner; not a plumber or your cousins mate down the road!
If your unit is doing any of the following it needs a repair, not a service. This means the technician needs to attend and diagnose the issue with the unit and what parts will be required, there is a charge for attending to perform a diagnostic assessment. You will then receive a quote for the repair so you can make an informed decision to repair or replace the unit. If your unit is a cheap brand or aged 10 years or over, you should consider replacement.
Common signs you need a split air conditioning repair:
- Not Blowing Air – definite repair required!
- Not Cool Enough – check remote not left on ‘heat mode’ settings from winter; also 24 degrees does not make room cool… this is recommended temperature for energy saving not comfort.
- Unit Turns On, Then Turns Off – this is very common indicator that unit needs repair and will certainly require parts.
- Fuse Tripping At Switchboard – is indicator appliance is faulty, yes repair required!
- Banging Noise – could be mechanical component failure, needs to be checked to determine service or repair!
- Smells – smells could be service or repair; if geckos have nest and fried components in the unit then new parts will be required.
- Leaking Water – if water is leaking inside that could mean new components as well.
- Flashing Lights On Indoor Unit – not all lights mean bad some are related to the Energex peak smart devices. However if your unit is displaying signs it is not working properly and has some flashing lights colours or sequences you haven’t noticed before, it could be an indication of repair required. As there are many different brands and models and each company does individual indications, the best way is to look in your manual troubleshooting section to tell you if it’s a problem indicated, or book a technician.
Examples Of Split Air Conditioners Safe & Sure Has Serviced Recently
You are cycling and breathing your air through these units; if they are full of mould, bacteria and dust is not good for your health. It is important to have them serviced at least annually (minimum for domestic). Education facilities, hospitality, retail and offices could be from monthly to quarterly servicing. These units below are from Split System Air Conditioners Brisbane that we have attended and serviced recently.
Split Air Conditioner Full of Mould – Major Service Required
As you can see below, this split air conditioner was choc full of mould and required the fan barrel to be removed to be cleaned and the build up within the rest of the unit.
Split System Air Conditioner Service – 3 LEVELS OFFERED
As we’ve mentioned above, there is no ‘one size for all’ when it comes to split air conditioning service. Below is some examples of units we’ve attended recently and as you can see the build up of mould, dirt, rodents etc can be significant required a few hours to resolve the issue and get your unit back to its best condition.
At Safe & Sure we offer a split system air conditioning service across Brisbane to keep your system running at its best all year and your power bill down.
We only use Qualified Licensed Air Conditioning Technicians (which means they hold a Refrigeration License and specialise in Air Conditioning) to service your units. As mentioned above we offer 3 Levels of Service for Your Air Conditioner. Which one is required is depending on the state your air conditioner is in. Our technician will assess your unit and advise accordingly.
Our Multi Air Conditioner Unit Discount
If you’ve got more than one air conditioner in your home, you’ll be amazed at the savings you can make by servicing all of your units at once.
Take advantage of our multi-unit discount and book a split air conditioning service for all of your units today.
The savings in electricity use and reductions in repair costs an annual service gives you will easily cover the cost of your tune-up and then some!
Risks of Neglected Air Conditioning Units
When it comes to air conditioners, the old “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it” adage couldn’t be further from the truth. The consequences of not servicing your air conditioner can include:
• Risking contamination of your home’s air with bacteria
• Excessive energy use
• Reduced heating and cooling ability
• Need for avoidable major repairs and replacement
Conducting a yearly split system air conditioner service helps you monitor any parts that may be on their way out, particularly in older systems. The majority of air conditioners that we repair haven’t been serviced and some breakdowns could have been prevented with regular servicing.
Hint: If you are going to install a new air conditioning system, have your installer set up an annual service so you don’t have to worry about remembering.
Split System Air Conditioner Troubleshooting
If you’ve been looking after your air conditioner’s filters and aren’t due for a split system air conditioner service but your unit still isn’t performing well, ask yourself the following questions:
+ My system doesn’t seem to be turning on?
+ My unit doesn’t feel warm/cool enough?
+ My split system is not blowing air
+ Split air unit turns on, works for a short time, then turns itself off
+ Split system has a flashing light on indoor unit
+ Has your split system had time to warm up?
+ There’s no display on my remote?
+ We’ve lost our split system remote control?